Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Lubber Line" change

"Lubber Line" change

I just downloaded the latest map files on my 3400 "non S" unit. I formatted the 2gb card prior to uploading. for the past two map cycles, the lubber line stats from some point ( several miles) ahead of the aircraft symbol. This had not been the case in the past. I usually leave it on 19 mile scale. Sometimes the aircraft has to fly many miles to the start of the magenta course line on the map page.

Also, on my 4500, I use the left knob for only heading and course. I usually leave it in heading, but lately on start up, it defaults to Course. Is this a problem with the keep alive battery?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Updating map data should have no effect on fixed mapping elements such as the lubber line. Does it exhibit the same offset if you remove the SD card before powering on the system? If not I would reformat and redownload the map data. It may have a non detected corrupt data. I have tested the data posted for MV15 systems and am unable to replicate your findings.

Does the 4500 count down properly when shutting down?
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

I've had the same thing happen on my last three flights. Today I switch the autopilot from flight director control following the gps to autopilot heading control for vectors. After a few minutes ATC cleared me back on course. I entered Direct To on the 430W and switched from AP heading control back to EFIS flight director control. At this point the line was missing. Map range was at 40 miles and the line extended from my destination approximately 25 miles. Changing the map range did not extend the line to my aircraft. I have a screen picture if it will help. 3500/3400 non-s. Map data expired on 1-8-2016.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Yea, lets see pictures. That might clarify what's going on.

Non-S Displays: When were your clock batteries last changed?
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Clock batteries were changed within the last two years.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by bhughes View Post
    Clock batteries were changed within the last two years.

In this picture the EFIS is in OBS mode from the Garmin Navigator, or the EFIS thinks the 430W it is in OBS mode.

Can you double check if the OBS button on your 430W is controlling the EFIS map display.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

I'll check it this weekend.

Thanks,

Lubber Line

Quote Originally Posted by bhughes View Post
    I'll check it this weekend.

Thanks,
    Rob,

Here's a couple of pictures I took of the possible problem. I was practicing slow flight a few miles from my home airport and selected direct to on the 430W. GPS mode was active on the 430W.

Bobby Hughes
    Attached Images Attached Images   

430 shows the course is way to your left
    if do another direct to and hit enter twice you should se a straight magenta line from your present position
    alan

Quote Originally Posted by amekler View Post
    430 shows the course is way to your left
    if do another direct to and hit enter twice you should se a straight magenta line from your present position
    alan
    I didn't notice the 430W CDI. I'm not sure if I pressed the Enter button once or twice when selecting DirectTO.