Thread: fuel pressure, oil pressure warnings

fuel pressure, oil pressure warnings

I have twin AF 4500s. Plane has been flying 4 years. In the last few months I am getting intermittent low fuel pressure, low oil pressure, and high oil temperature reading with audio warning. Everything else is normal and engine runs fine. I checked the ground on the firewall manifold that the fuel and oil pressure sensors are mounted and it looks go. Actually ran a ground wire from my grounding block to the manifold mounting bolt - problem went away, but came back. Any help would be appreciated. Bob

I just want to add that I also am having the same issue but with my 8 month old 5400. Every now and then, I get red alerts with audio for fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, etc then they go away just as fast as they appeared.

Weird.
    John Kazickas
    Sands Point, NY
    Glasair Sportsman N9GZ

I am getting the exact same problems now - on my dual 3500 setup. My EFIS was just in for service and got a new engine board installed, which seemed to fix all my intermittent sensor issues, but the good times did not last. Today in cruise we saw a sudden spike in oil temp, oil pressure, to the point that we diverted for landing. But on shutdown the engine was totally fine - Rebooted the EFIS and all temps/pressures were immediately normal again. Flew home, had similar spikes in the air again - but this time pulled the EFIS breaker to reboot it while flying, and sure enough, all readings back to normal. Remainder of the flight they stayed normal.

Did either of you resolve your issues - please let me know how!

AFS - any thoughts on what is causing this? Brand new engine board 2 weeks ago, extensively tested before shipping, so presumably a problem on my side now (??). Thanks everyone -

Matt

I had spurious oil pressure readings that were down to a faulty pressure sensor if that helps.