Thread: Analog read error, sporadic gauge readings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Analog read error, sporadic gauge readings

I have an ACS2002 upgraded to an AF2500 with almost 1000 hrs in my RV-8. For some time now, while in flight it will sporadically lose all its sensor readings and start yelling at me "Check voltage, check oil pressure, check fuel flow" etc, etc down the line. It always seems to start with "Check voltage". The gauge readings are jumping all over the place when this occurs. Some times the entire issue will occur repeatedly in a short amount of time. Recently, I have also had instances of "Analog Read Error" when I first power up. A couple days ago I had to turn the main solenoid on/off about 6 times before it started working correctly. I have checked all wiring several times and have tried wiggling wires while powered to get the problem to occur but it appears to be an internal issue. I have a new battery, great alternator and everything else works flawless. Anyone have an idea what is happening? Is it the display or the analog board? I really dont want to have to pull the analog board.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    I would probably start by replacing the 37pin cable between the module and screen. I have seen this fix related issues. Also check to see that you are running the latest software in the screen (v3.2.2) or at least v3.1.3
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Installed a new cable from L-Com. Got about 4 hrs on it now and all is good. Seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks.