Thread: Stacked magnetometers

Stacked magnetometers

I 'm ready to install your Crossbow magnetometer for the 4500 along with one for the Dynon D6. I've read the installation instructions and don't see anything prohibiting me from "stacking" the two. I even contacted Dynon and they agree it would not be a problem. Any input from you?

Terry
    RV-7

Crossbow says that they should be 7" apart, I suspect that they would work fine stacked.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Thanks Rob for the quick response.

Terry

Terry,

Where are you going to mount these in your 7? I'll be mounting some soon too.

Darwin N. Barrie
    Chandler, AZ

Reference: Location

Darwin, not in the wingtips (too many wires there already). Either on the aft deck, under the tail fairing with allowances for moisture or on a common shelf just aft of the baggage compartment bulkhead.

Terry
    Prescott, AZ

Drawing 53600WD shows to terminate the shields of shielded cables to the ground screw on the EFIS case. The drawing does not show the other end of the shield grounded. Should they be? In the G430 installation manual the shield of every shielded data cable is grounded at both ends. Thanks
    Pass your spanishprograms - learn spanish and in first try by using our guaranteed and best quality usj.edu If you are looking for fast success in msu.edu then join today to find complete testking and pass passguide on first try. A person can pick