Thread: Nogps

Nogps

I'm getting a NOGPS indication on my EMS screen for fuel, (see attached). I have dual screens and the EFIS side works fine. I noticed this after changing out the battery.
    Please advise.
    Thanks.

Steve Miceli
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve Miceli
    RV-6A
    IOF-360-FADEC

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    You need to have a destination or nav source selected for this to read correctly. If you have sources selected I have updated the clock battery replacement to include NVRAM reset. This will solve any additional issues.

http://advanced-flight-systems.com/Support/AF-3000support/replacing-clock-battery.pdf
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Shawn, thanks for getting back to me. I followed the instructions and reset the NVRAM. I am still having the same issues. I sent my log files to Rob a few days ago, and he said to check the Ethernet cable.
    Sorry for the poor image, but you can see I am not getting engine data on the EFIS screen, and not getting GPS data on the EMS screen.
    I checked the Ethernet Cable to see if it was connected, and not loose. I'm not sure how else to check it. It seemed fine.

Thanks again,
    Steve Miceli
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve Miceli
    RV-6A
    IOF-360-FADEC

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    That does change that tactics. Having the two screen not communicating is a Admin Setting, Ethernet Cable, or Software Mismatch between the screens. Most likely the cable broke and needs to be replaced or has pulled out of one of the screens. I would recommend a Cat 5 or above (5e, 6) as they are readily available.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thanks Shawn. Like I mentioned. The Ethernet Cable has no "visible" signs of being damaged, and is "positively" connected at both ends. However, it is easy enough to find a replacement. You mentioned it could be an Admin Setting, just so I can check which setting would that be. I know both screens are running the same version of the software.
    Thanks again.
    Steve Miceli
    RV-6A
    IOF-360-FADEC