Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v12 Software

v12 Software

When will V12 be available for download?
    John Kazickas
    Sands Point, NY
    Glasair Sportsman N9GZ

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Its currently in feature lock and testing is being finished up.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Any news on the release?
    John Kazickas
    Sands Point, NY
    Glasair Sportsman N9GZ

Do you have a list of the new features?

Ponte Vedra Beach FL, Point Pleasant Beach NJ
    Is there a link to the software download? My ADAHRS is giving me a Incorrect Firmware message when I search for devices.
    Thanks
    Frank

This is stating that the software within the ADAHRS is different from the EFIS, pressing UPDT (or LOAD) will fix this issue.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    This is stating that the software within the ADAHRS is different from the EFIS, pressing UPDT (or LOAD) will fix this issue.
    Is there a reason why there's no longer a link to the latest software download? How do I know when a new version is out?

Quote Originally Posted by brianjohnson View Post
    Is there a reason why there's no longer a link to the latest software download? How do I know when a new version is out?
    Different scenarios require different software at this point. We should have a stable version that will suite all users available soon.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems

Question

Shawn, could you elaborate on the different scenarios/software load? I have not installed the version 12 software yet because most of the changes seem to be for the Touch Screen hardware (based on Rob's video). I don't have the Touch Screen. What does the version 12 software do for my AF-5500?

And then there's the chart issue. My chart subscription has expired. Should I buy new AFS charts for another year at $400? Or will the refined version 12 software be available within 2-3 months so I can buy the Dynon charts for $100?

Thanks,

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Fly More View Post
    Shawn, could you elaborate on the different scenarios/software load? I have not installed the version 12 software yet because most of the changes seem to be for the Touch Screen hardware (based on Rob's video). I don't have the Touch Screen. What does the version 12 software do for my AF-5500?

And then there's the chart issue. My chart subscription has expired. Should I buy new AFS charts for another year at $400? Or will the refined version 12 software be available within 2-3 months so I can buy the Dynon charts for $100?

Thanks,

Greg
    I'm using the Dynon charts with version 12, but I seem to be missing some of the features like the small windows for traffic, etc... I believe I have 12.01.05-MV16-AV40