Thread: Internal vs External Navigation

Internal vs External Navigation

Hi.

I have dual 4500 EFIS, 430W, TT A/P. During a flight this past weekend, I was experimenting with the internal navigation features. I created a route on the 430W and aligned the EFIS to track. I then went to the EFIS A/P page and adjusted the flight plan. On initialization, the system asked if I wanted to switch to internal navigation. I said yes. Plane tracked fine to new route.

I then was ready to go home and entered direct to my home airport on the 430W. I switched source on the EFIS route page to external 430W. The plane tracked to my home field. BUT, the moving map display (secondary EFIS) would not show the route.

I cleared all routed and tried again, direct on 430W to home field. A/P tracked fine. But no route showing on map display.

Ideas?

What was the map source set to? Should be GNAV1 and should follow the CRS setting.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Yep. Map set to GNAV1. All worked good, except no route indication on the moving map display on EFIS. Once I landed, shutdown and restarted, all was normal.

Any feedback on the map routing internal nav vs external nav?

Is it currently working?
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

I have just experienced EXACTLY the same problem with my 3500 ( non "S" CPU ). The 3500 has worked flawlessly up till this point and it just came out of the blue. At first I thought someone had been playing with the configuration page. I did observe the clock was all wrong however. Glad to hear what the fix is. Assuming all batteries will age, it might be a good "troubleshooting" tip for the manual.
    Our excellent online Pass4sure - ccna syllabus training programs will rasmussen.edu lead you to success in the We also offer latest passguide and with 100% success guarantee. Our goucher.edu is rare in IT world.