Thread: ADAHRS pinout

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ADAHRS pinout

Not finding a pinout for the 9 pin cable from ADAHRS to 5 port splitter. Found a pinout for Skyview EMS 220, 221, is that the same?
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Doh, looked right over that, thanks
    Dave Ford
    RV10

did not realize that my signature would not be automatically posted
    Franz
    RV7
    Last edited by Franz; 01-15-2015 at 12:57 AM.

Is there any reason for the use of he gender changer for the connection of the ADAHRS cable or could one just refitt the ends with male pins?

You can change the pins and connector.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

I see this thread is nearly 4 years old. There is a newer version of the manual now. I'm looking at v. 15.1. I have the same question as rvdave. I can't find the pinouts for the ADAHRS connector (P/N 72200). I bought the pre-made 20' harness that has a Skyview network hub connector on the forward end. The back end, the ADAHRS end of this cable, has all the wires with pins crimped on, but the connector is left off so you can fish the cable through the fuselage back to where the ADAHRS is mounted. I've done all that and now I want to put the pins in the connector and plug it in to the ADAHRS. The manual says "See Appendix C for the pin outs of the AF-5000 to Advanced SV Network". Sounds good for the AF-5000, but nothing is said about the ADAHRS specifically. Are the wires and pinouts the same for all the network hub connections? I'm obviously new at this and just want to make sure.

Also, I thought the forward end of the cable was plugged into the 5-port network hub, but the manual, on page 25, shows the ADAHRS being plugged in to the COM Radio. Am I seeing this right? The ADAHRS is plugged in to the Com Radio?

Thanks so much!

I went through this before, look at pages 195 & 197 of v15.1 to see pinouts and this

The Adahrs harness is the same as the network harness and plugs into the network from adahrs. Splitter needed if using dual. Afs comm has two connectors for network.
    Last edited by rvdave; 10-28-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Thank you, Dave! I'm obviously a neophyte at this and my inexperience is showing. I did see the pages 195 - 197 and the pinouts, but it says it's for the Advanced SV Network Wiring. I didn't realize that the network wiring was the same for all the network items, and I was looking for something that specifically mentioned the ADAHRS. I see now that they're all the same. Thank you for clarifying that. I also did not know that the connector on the COMM is just another network connection. I guess it doesn't matter which one you use, right?

Thanks again! I'm very happy this forum is still active. I'm bound to have more questions come up.