Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eliminating yourself as the display

eliminating yourself as the display

Rob, with one flight in the pattern only, the display was showing a big yellow ball in the EFIS which appeared to be ourself as the target. We are using the 5600 and the GTX 33 ES remote transponder and your ADSB box. Is there a config item I missed? I can't find any reference in your manual or the GTX 33 manual. On the ground, all targets display normal.

Thanksl.

Vic

You need to enable the Transponder menu in the AF-5000 so you can then configure the aircraft N-Number and ICAO address. Once you have them configured you can turn off the Transponder menu.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

How do you eliminate it when you don't have ADS-B out? I fly in a busy area and am often close enough to other ADS-B aircraft to get everything. It's quite unnerving.

Quote Originally Posted by brianjohnson View Post
    How do you eliminate it when you don't have ADS-B out? I fly in a busy area and am often close enough to other ADS-B aircraft to get everything. It's quite unnerving.
    Did you try the instructions I posted just before your post?

You need to enable the Transponder menu in the AF-5000 so you can then configure the aircraft N-Number and ICAO address. Once you have them configured you can turn off the Transponder menu.
    Rob Hickman

This should eliminate you as a target, it will not turn off the other traffic.
    Rob Hickman

I don't understand how that would work since I'm not transmitting any info. I don't know what an ICAO address is, I assume that is something you have with ADS-B out? I only have ADS-B in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    This should eliminate you as a target, it will not turn off the other traffic.

Your correct, I messed that up. I will see what we can do in software to solve it.
    Rob Hickman

The ability to turn off traffic would be enough for me. It's really not that useful if you don't have ADS-B out. Another suggestion I would make is to merge traffic targets depending on the display resolution. In congested areas the screen gets quite cluttered and all I care about is the closet one in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    Your correct, I messed that up. I will see what we can do in software to solve it.

In fact, given the current state of the traffic clutter, I would actually prefer to be able to turn it off. When I'm in an area where I receive all the traffic it's overwhelming and I can't read anything on the map. When I'm not it's basically useless anyway.

I have a 4500, gtx-330 and using the NavWorx 600-B transceiver and I have added the necessary connections and config so that it does not show "my ghost". However, this only seems to work for the Seattle area ADSB and when I travel to Portland I get the ghosting somewhere around kelso. Any idea why this is happening?