Thread: USB vs SD card

USB vs SD card

I am the second owner of N666DY a 2012 factory built Kitfox with a AF-5600 PFD linked to a GTN750 nav/com

I have downloaded the latest manual. I am trying to update the software version,he map data and the high resolution terrain file.

The question for this thread is: are the USB ports and the SD card slot completely interchangeable for doing updates? Are there certain minimum capacities of USB Flash drive or SD card that is required? Does the SD card have to be a certain class?

Rob mentioned the small USB flash drives. I ordered two 32 GB Sandisk. Rob said that he has three in his RV. Does something need to be plugged into the USB port at all times?

Thanks
    Keith
    Last edited by Idflyer; 05-28-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Currently backing up settings and logs are the only functions that require an SD card. Updates to the maps, software, and terrain files can be done with either source.

SD Cards can be as high class as you wish to afford, they need to be standard SD or SDHC, we haven't done any testing with SDXC cards.

The Charts, Sectionals, and IFR Low files will remain connected to USB during flight.

Let me know if you have any more questions that I can help with.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thanks Shawn
    I'll try again with the new USB flash drives
    Keith