Thread: ADSB & TIS-A Traffic

ADSB & TIS-A Traffic

I have a Trig transponder that displays TIS-A traffic on my AFS 5500. Now I am installing the
    Dynon ADSB receiver. Is there any reason to keep my transponder traffic output connected to the
    5500 serial input? If I have them both connected, will there be any confusion between the traffic messages from the two different sources?
    Thx,
    -Dan

It will switch between them, keep them both connected.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Hi Rob,
    Test flew the ADSB yesterday. Lots of traffic was displayed, and the About->WX page showed
    ground stations in site and lots of messages. The only annoyance was the near constant appearance
    of my ownship return surrounded by a yellow warning bubble.

What seemed to be missing was weather. It was a nice day so I did not expect radar images, but
    in a 30 minute flight the Metar, TAF, and TFR counters all stayed at zero. I also confirmed that no
    metars were available on the airport info pages. Am I missing some configuration option to enable
    text weather reception?
    Thx.
    - Dan

1. Do you have your N-Number and ICAO address configured correctly in the Transponder?

2. Have you configured the EFIS Transponder Menu for the N-Number and ICAO address? The EFIS uses this info for filtering out your plane, leave the EFIS Transponder setting Disabled.
    Rob Hickman

Hi Rob,
    Thanks. I'm sure your point #2 will fix the ownship issue. Any suggestions on the text weather reception?
    -Dan

1. Make sure you have the ADS-B Receiver setting in your transponder set to UAT only.

2. In the Check > About > WX menu see if the FIS-B counter is getting data.
    Rob Hickman

Hi rob,,,
    Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.
    Decrease your exam stress by using our latest ccna book and best quality cisco ccna security and cisco ccna security We provide with 100% pass guarantee along with www.pittstate.edu and Southern California University of Health Sciences

Power Flarm

Could you let me know how to connect the Power Flarm to the 5600. It is my understanding that it is compatible and will display trafic.
    Franz
    RV7