PDA

View Full Version : Same Features As Digiflight II VSGV?

schmoboy
04-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Starting panel/product planning phase. Aside from the EFIS btn change, is the feature list for the AF-Pilot the same as the Digiflight II VSGV list? Can I assume if I purchase the AF-Pilot head with a couple 4500s that I would have all the following plus tighter 4500 integration?

Built-in Ground Track DG
Track Select Mode
GPS Nav Mode
GPS Steering
Altitude Hold
VS Select Mode
Vertical GPS Steering
Control Wheel Steering
Pitch Trim Annunciation

Thanks...

dnelson
04-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Hi schmoboy,

If the 'Built-in Ground Track DG' relies on the internal magnetometer of DFII, that is no longer available. TT ceased incorporating magnetometers into the units due to technical difficulties. This applies to both the TT and AFS versions of the DFII series of A/P.

http://www.advanced-flight-systems.com/Forum2/showthread.php?72-AFS-Pilot-Magnetometer&highlight=magnetometer

Regards,

/\/elson

schmoboy
04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Ya, I saw that thread also, just took that list off the TT website. :), but you may have answered my question by saying "...AFS versions of the DFII series of A/P."

TrutrakTech
05-04-2010, 08:36 AM
The DG does not rely on the magnetometer. It uses the RS232 input from a GPS receiver to display current GPS ground track.

The AFS Pilot does not have a GPS Nav mode. All other features are the same as well as offering better integration with the AFS systems.