PDA

View Full Version : EFIS Display- TAS and WS

BSteeves
09-30-2013, 06:42 AM
On my Co-pilot 5600, the TAS and wind direction, Speed, and XW do not display anything. On the pilot 5600, they are displaying just fine.

Each EFIS is has AHRS, Piot/Static, and AOA connected.

Curious if I have a setting or something installed incorrectly.

Thanks
Brian

nickm
09-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Go into calibration and check your Synthetic Vision settings (option 35 on the main calibration page). Make sure TAWS (option 3) is enabled. This should get TAWS running on your copilot display. While you're in there you might want to compare the TAWS Airspeed Shutoff (option 4) between your efis's to ensure there isn't any discrepancy's between the displays.

BSteeves
09-30-2013, 11:09 AM
I did check the settings and all 3 Efis's have the synthetic vision turned on and the TAWS is ON, and all three have the TAWS Airspeed shutoff to 100.

As for the TAS kts. when the other Efis's are on, they display 000, where the co-pilot one just has ---. When you are flying, it does register airspeed and Grounds speed, but the True Air Speed stays at ---.

nickm
09-30-2013, 02:30 PM
I apologize, I read your problem incorrectly, TAS as TAWS.

I pretty sure it's not an installation issue since you are getting TAS and WINDS on two of your units.

My guess is that your copilot unit is not getting any OAT data. Which unit do you have you're OAT sensor hooked up to? Find it's IP address and then make sure the copilot unit's IP Addr: Other Display option under CAL->Admin Settings is pointing to that unit. Also check you're Air Module Config Line and make sure it's set to HW:INT, NET:TXD since it has an AHRS (correct?).

BSteeves
09-30-2013, 02:42 PM
No problem. I think that is it, the OAT. This EFIS does have its own but it did stop working. Will check the connections to see if that was it and then see if that solves the issue.

Thanks for the help.