PDA

View Full Version : EFIS Map pages

petehicks
04-17-2010, 05:43 PM
I have only just installed the Map package and have dual screens, AS3500EF/EM. I would like to display just the MAP on one screen, but there doesn't appear to be a page option for this. Am I missing something? or is this a system limitation. I notice that the 4500 is advertised showing full page map.

ArjanPlomp
04-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Yes, I have seen this on our 3400 with software version V7.4.23 MV12. We use dual 3400's (EF/EM). It is possible on either screen. Honestly, the AFS systems are great, but the documentation could be much better (it seems it is not up to date with the software versions, nor entirely complete or clear).
That being said: we have only done ground tests (first flight with new panel hopefully tomorrow, Sunday), so my experience is limited, but I'm fairly sure it does it). AFS to confirm.

ArjanPlomp
04-18-2010, 04:28 PM
I checked this today and the MAP page has the option to enable/disable AIR and/or ENGINE information. Disabling both will only show the MAP info. That being said: when enabling AIR or ENGINE info, the MAP page start to 'flicker'. Seems a bug in the software.

petehicks
04-18-2010, 11:01 PM
I will try to find the disable option on the map page that you mention. I was hoping to some how add a "Map only" option to the page list so it could be cycled on or off easily. With two screens, this seems to be a better option than having Map/efis/ems all on one screen.

Rob Hickman
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
The Map/Engine page will display the map only if you turn the engine off in Map->Settings menu.