PDA

View Full Version : VP-X Pro Wiring Question

me@darenrose.com
04-09-2013, 03:58 AM
I have your AF5000, GTN650, VPX, GTX327 AND AFS Auto Pilot wiring diagram, it shows the Vpx-Pro but the power is not coming from the VPX to the EFIS main cable,

Instead it shows direct power via a 5amp fuse to PINS 1 & 15 for Power on the EFIS Main Cable.

Referring back to the VPX Manual it shows the AFS main EFIS screen power from VPX Pin J12-9 to the Efis primary power pin. Assume this is PIN1 shown on your drawing. (so if im following the VPX for power where does power come from for Pin 15 on your EFIS Main Cable)

Im running two Af5600 screens and the IBBS back up battery to both screens. I see this wired via the EFIS Expansion cable, how is the second screen wired for back up power.

Please help someone that is scratching his head and want to get in the hanger tomorrow and finish off the wiring.

Best Wishes

Daren (Dam hot in Thailand building a RV9A)

rleffler
04-09-2013, 05:20 AM
I have your AF5000, GTN650, VPX, GTX327 AND AFS Auto Pilot wiring diagram, it shows the Vpx-Pro but the power is not coming from the VPX to the EFIS main cable,

Instead it shows direct power via a 5amp fuse to PINS 1 & 15 for Power on the EFIS Main Cable.

Referring back to the VPX Manual it shows the AFS main EFIS screen power from VPX Pin J12-9 to the Efis primary power pin. Assume this is PIN1 shown on your drawing. (so if im following the VPX for power where does power come from for Pin 15 on your EFIS Main Cable)

Im running two Af5600 screens and the IBBS back up battery to both screens. I see this wired via the EFIS Expansion cable, how is the second screen wired for back up power.

Please help someone that is scratching his head and want to get in the hanger tomorrow and finish off the wiring.

Best Wishes

Daren (Dam hot in Thailand building a RV9A)

Daren,

I have a VPX/Pro and 4500s in my RV-10. You are correct, you do want to use J12-9 to connect to you primary EFIS (Pin 1). You can use any other VP/X circuit for your other screen. I would advise putting it on the B bus of the VP/X. This would provide you the best redundacy. Then use the IBBS to connect to the backup power pin on the EFIS. Since I have a different model EFIS, I didn't want to assume that the pin assignments are the same. But I would assume that may be pin 15 per your message.

bob