PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure and Oil Pressure pegged high

gribbled
03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
I've got an AF-3500EM and am testing out the system prior to engine start. I purchased the system from someone who was going to use it with a rotary engine, but I'm going to use it with an O-320. I have (I believe) the correct sensor and wiring kit for the Lycoming.

With the system powered on, the Oil Pressure reads 122.6 PSI and the Fuel Pressure reads 61.3 PSI. I'm sure something isn't set up correctly but I don't know what. Here are the details:

Oil Pressure (122.6 PSI at rest)
sensor 41,115 (0-150 PSI) - connected to white/yellow wire
Other terminal on sensor grounded.
A/D value=41 in the calibration menu
Sensor gets a red X when I disconnect the wire.

Fuel Pressure (61.3 PSI at rest)
sensor 41,215 (0-30 PSI) - connected to brown wire
Other terminal on sensor grounded.
A/D value=42 in the calibration menu
Sensor gets a red X when I disconnect the wire.

I think I'm running software version 7.3.7-MV15 on both the 3500 EF and EM.

Thanks for any help,

dave gribble

Rob Hickman
03-25-2013, 10:22 AM
I suspect that you have the wrong sensor calibration data loaded. With the AF-3500/4500 "S" cpu and AF-5000 you can select the sensor part number. If you have the older non "S" AF-3500 you will need to load the sensor data from the SD card or adjust the tables.

email info@advanced-flight-systems.com and we can send you the correct data files.

gribbled
03-28-2013, 06:37 AM
Rob was right! I had an incorrect sensor file loaded. Once the right file was installed, and the case ground wires attached on the back of the display (very important) the fuel and oil pressure indications work perfectly.

Thanks for the excellent support Rob!