PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent random display on AF-2500

micah froese
02-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Hey guys, first time posting, hope you can help me out. I have a Lancair Legacy with the AF-2500 engine monitor. It has been operating fine for the past 490 hours since install, but on the last few flights it will intermittently start displaying erratic temperatures on the EGT's, CHT's, voltage, etc. Most of the values keep changing, and go well past the normal limits. This usually lasts 1-2 minutes and then goes away on its own. I have been looking around on the wiring and connections, everything I see seems to be intact. I believe the batteries and alternators are fine, plane starts just fine, and voltage is stable otherwise. I did turn off both alternators the last time this happened, but it did not seem to change anything.

Is there any known problem that I should look for? What are some things I should check?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Micah Froese
N171MF

Rob Hickman
02-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Check the cable between the Analog box and the display. Do you have the ribbon cable or large molded cable?

micah froese
02-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Check the cable between the Analog box and the display. Do you have the ribbon cable or large molded cable?

Large molded cable, checked it, it was screwed on tightly.

Rob Hickman
02-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Did you try unplugging it and then plugging it in to clean the contacts?