PDA

View Full Version : Forcing a hard reboot

7deltalima
04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
I've just installed a couple of 4500's and had one of the magnetometers wire's crossed. In debugging my screw up, I could not find a way to have just one of the 4500's hard reboot. (They both have backup batteries as well.)

Is there a way to turn the 4500's off or force a reboot/restart without killing the power to the unit?

I elected to not put an independent power switch between the elect bus and the EFIS's assuming they would have an off switch and adding a switch would just put another failure point in my wiring.

I probably missed something simple but thought I'd ask before making it back to the hangar tomorrow.

Thanks,
Doug

dnelson
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi Doug,

I don't believe that there is. Based on a June 2008 email w/ Rob, the up and coming 4500's did not have a means to reboot the unit from the front panel. I'd be interested if AFS changed that aspect of the h/w, though.

Regards,

NoahF
04-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Hmmm, a good reason to use a pullable breaker on these units??

JimDabney
04-13-2010, 09:55 PM
This might do what you want. Enter the calibration menu
[CHECK] ‐> [MAINT] ‐> [ADMIN] ‐> then hold [CALIBRATION] button for 2 seconds.
Then press return to reload the software.

dnelson
04-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Good idea, Jim! Keep in mind, you can only do that when there isn't any airspeed. In Noah's case, I think this would have worked. Personally, I'd want the unit(s) powered off while moving any wires around.