PDA

View Full Version : MTARs and TAFs with Navworx

art.pileggi
01-03-2013, 11:06 PM
I have dual 5600 with Navworx. The traffic seems to work fine but the weather is very spotty. I live surrounded by about 20 airports including 3 class B airports (KBWI, KDCA, and KIAD), but I have only found 1 METAR (KCGS a small class E airport) and no TAF's. My Android phone has as both Wingx and Aviloution and both find Metar's and TAF's for all of my surrounding airports. What could the problem be?

I did check the about screen and it says there are 17 MTAR's and 6 TAF's but they don't show up when I select them on the INFO screen for the airport and the airports are not flagged.

Rob Hickman
01-04-2013, 10:38 AM
I have dual 5600 with Navworx. The traffic seems to work fine but the weather is very spotty. I live surrounded by about 20 airports including 3 class B airports (KBWI, KDCA, and KIAD), but I have only found 1 METAR (KCGS a small class E airport) and no TAF's. My Android phone has as both Wingx and Aviloution and both find Metar's and TAF's for all of my surrounding airports. What could the problem be?

I did check the about screen and it says there are 17 MTAR's and 6 TAF's but they don't show up when I select them on the INFO screen for the airport and the airports are not flagged.

Your phone is not getting the data from the ADSB ground station. Generally you can’t pick up the ADSB ground station while on the ground. Once you get airborne and it is picking up the ground stations it can be 10-15 minutes to get all the METARS and TAF’s.

Make sure you are running NavWorx software version 3.12.4 or later in the ADSB unit.
Make sure you are running AF-5000 software version 8.13.09 or later.
Verify that you are getting at least 1 ADSB ground station on the EFIS: CHECK , ABOUT, WX
Make sure you have turned on the FIS-B weather data in the EFIS; MAP, WX, FIS-B