PDA

View Full Version : Engine probs

art.pileggi
11-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Now that I almost have the Tecnam autopilot installation problems solved, I am starting to address the engine sensor problems. I have an oil pressure gauge which reads 50 psi with the engine off and 52 psi with the engine running. The CHT probs are not installed. The battery backup is reading 17 volts on a 12 volt system and doesn't display on the engine screen (only on the calibration screen). The fuel pressure sets off the high pressure alarm whenever I pull back the throttle to idle. I can't find any documentation on how to calibrate the sensors. Looking at the EFIS parts all of the probs are for the 3400/3500/4500 and sometimes the 2500 but don't mention the 5000 series.

Rob Hickman
11-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Art,

I have an oil pressure gauge which reads 50 psi with the engine off and 52 psi with the engine running.

Normally The Rotax 912 has the engine oil pressure transducer already installed.

Do you have the Honeywell or VDO sensor installed? Rotax switched to the Honeywell sensor a few years ago and they have had lots of problems with them. Make sure if you have the Honeywell sensor that you have selected the P/N: 41,102 HON RTX sensor in calibration. Also make sure you do not have a shift adjust parameter entered in calibration.

The CHT probes are not installed.

The Rotax engine has a left and right CHT probe already installed in the water jacket. Make sure that you have selected Rotax CHT in the CHT calibration menu.

The battery backup is reading 17 volts on a 12 volt system and doesn't display on the engine screen (only on the calibration screen).

I suspect that someone has changed the settings in the Backup volts calibration menu.

1. Make sure the shift adjust value is 0.
2. Is item 8. Instrument OFF/ON set to ON?
3. It will only display the voltage on the info bar when the main power is turned off.

The fuel pressure sets off the high pressure alarm whenever I pull back the throttle to idle. I can't find any documentation on how to calibrate the sensors.

What do you have the Fuel Pressure Red High set to? The Red High and Red Low is where the Audio warning are set. You should not have to calibrate the sensors, the EFIS has the calibration tables for the sensors already loaded.

Looking at the EFIS parts all of the probs are for the 3400/3500/4500 and sometimes the 2500 but don't mention the 5000 series.

The AF-3000, AF-4000, and AF-5000 series all use the same sensors.

Call me on my cell (or one of our Tech Support engineers) from your airplane and we can check it out.