PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Power VP-X

flickroll
04-05-2010, 07:19 PM
When do you anticipate releasing software that will allow the VP-X to interface with a 3400EE? Or is it already working? If it is already working is there documentation available? Thanks

Rob Hickman
04-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Should have it released in about 4 weeks, most of it is working now.

flickroll
04-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Great news Rob. Thanks!

jwyatt
07-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Planning a dual 4500 system with a VP-X for electrical. On page 88 in the new V7.0 manual, it shows that an activation code is required to enable the VPX control page -- will VP-X integration now be an add-on feature requiring purchase?

Unrelated questions:
- are SV and mapping included in the 4500s, or do the licenses need to be purchased for that unit as well? I understand that the license is an add-on to the 3500 series.
- is a wiring harness included, and if so, is it possible to purchase the trays and harnesses separately, so they could be installed while wiring the plane, and the boxes purchases later and plugged in?

Many thanks ~
-Joshua Wyatt
RV-9A

Trevor Conroy
07-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Hello Joshua,

I don't believe we will be charging for the VP-X interface capability. However, that is not yet set in stone.
SV is included with the AF-4500. Mapping and AOA are NOT.
The wiring harness and tray are not included, and can be purchased separately. Please contact Tricia to purchase.

jwyatt
07-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the clarification Trevor! Looking forward to seeing everything in person at OSH next week...

ninerhawk
03-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Wanted to know if any adjustments need to be made to any of the harness kits to coordinate with the VP-X. Specifically, is the current shunt required?
Thanks,
Howard Kaney
RV-9A

rleffler
03-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Wanted to know if any adjustments need to be made to any of the harness kits to coordinate with the VP-X. Specifically, is the current shunt required?

I think the answer is it really depends. With the VP-X you really don't need the shunts unless you want two independent sources of monitoring. I decided to let the VP-X monitor the power. I'm in the process of building my harness at the moment. Off the top of my head, I don't think there isn't anything else that is redundant.

bob