PDA

View Full Version : SV Pictures on new "s" CPU systems

Rob Hickman
03-05-2010, 11:55 PM

flickroll
03-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Rob, that is really, really, slick. You guys most definitely have a winner. Keep those software upgrades coming!!

wooody10
03-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Rob, When will these SV screens be available?

Rob Hickman
03-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Rob, When will these SV screens be available?

All of the SV screens are real images from the current software. The top down terrain map is an actual image from the current software that we are test flying, it will be in the next software release.

vonsmallhousen
03-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Hi Rob

The system look fantastic and are looking forward to having mine delivered.

Is the SV going to be that good down here in New Zealand as well?

Rob Hickman
03-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes, we have data for New Zealand.

MCCONNELLK
03-12-2010, 03:30 AM
It looks absolutely superb i cant wait to upgrade. But will it work in europe? Any word from jeppensen on the map data for europe, i keep checking their web site nothing yet?

Ken varieze n ireland

Roegge
03-15-2010, 08:56 AM
I am too very interested (as you hopefully remember) in the new maps for Europe. Will they be available together with rerrain and approach plates for Europe soon?

What would be the turn-arround time in case I send my old 3500 unit from Europe over to you in Oregon for a CPU-swap?

In case I want to keep my 3400 as it is - how will it work with map data and sw-loads? Can I run my PFD with the sCPU to get the syntetic vision and run my Secondary display on the old CPU? What would the restrictions or limitations be? Or is it necessary to upgrade both units?

Regards
Andreas

Rob Hickman
03-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Will they be available together with rerrain and approach plates for Europe soon?

We have the new software and test data for Europe now, if you send an email we can get it to you.

What would be the turn-arround time in case I send my old 3500 unit from Europe over to you in Oregon for a CPU-swap?

Once we start doing upgrades and you have a date it will take about 3 days, we are currently working on an upgrade schedule.

In case I want to keep my 3400 as it is - how will it work with map data and sw-loads?
The same as it currently is.

Can I run my PFD with the sCPU to get the syntetic vision and run my Secondary display on the old CPU?
Yes

What would the restrictions or limitations be?
You will only have SV on the PFD.

Or is it necessary to upgrade both units?
No

Roegge
03-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Will I also be able to test the latest european maps on it - without SV of course? And also the approach plates?

I just dropped you an email as well so that you can post whatever you can share in terms of test data and plates.

Best regards and I am impressed about the seed you answer questions on the forum. BRILLIANT !!!!

Andreas

Rob Hickman
03-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Will I also be able to test the latest european maps on it - without SV of course? And also the approach plates?

I just dropped you an email as well so that you can post whatever you can share in terms of test data and plates.

Best regards and I am impressed about the seed you answer questions on the forum. BRILLIANT !!!!

Andreas

We do have SV data for Europe and the next software release for the new ā€œsā€ CPU systems will support it. We currently do not have a source for approach plates outside the USA, we are discussing this with Jeppesen.

MCCONNELLK
03-22-2010, 03:13 AM
I am very impressed with the Europe map data it shows Ireland very well with lovely clear software graphics much clearer than the Garmin 296. Its perfect for me to be able to display so much with the physical limitations of 1 screen on my aircraft, the software is amazing Its a must have.!

Roegge
03-23-2010, 01:27 AM
Hi MCCONNELLK.

Which screen do you have? 3500 with the old processor and without synthetic vision? Which sw-load are you running?

Regards
Andreas

MCCONNELLK
03-24-2010, 03:25 AM
Hi I am using the 3500 screen still the old processor for now! without s/v. The Software is AF3000V70201-MV14-AV40_BETA with the europe map data - map_eval 5.0 hrs. Will definately buy the software.

regards ken

melvinke
04-09-2010, 08:49 AM
When will the SV software be available?
Kenneth Melvin
RV-9A/4500
Hillsboro