PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Calibration

davehead
02-23-2012, 11:43 PM
The AF-3000-4000 System Manual (page 84) says “AF-3400/3500 systems are shipped with all sensors except Fuel Tanks and Trim / Flap sensors fully calibrated. Individual sensors should not need to be adjusted unless a new sensor is installed.” Does this mean that if I purchased my oil pressure, fuel pressure, oil temp, Hall-Effect amps transducer, OAT, manifold pressure, EGT and CHT sensors from AFS in a separate order from the 4500, then I must adjust them? If yes, how do I do that? If no, then what situation does the manual refer?

My oil and fuel pressure are measuring 4 & 7 PSI with no oil or fuel in the engine. Should I adjust these to read 0 by simply changing the “Shift Adjust” values?

The AF-3000-4000 System Manual also says “The Amps transducer (Hall or Shunt) will need to have the zero current point set.” Do I accomplish this by simply changing the “Shift Adjust” value?

Thanks for your help.

Rob Hickman
02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
1. Make sure that you have the 18ga or larger case ground screw connected, it will effect the readings.
2. Make sure the transducers are well grounded at the threads.
3. Make sure you have selected the correct PArt Number Sensor in the calibration menu.

then use the shift adjust.

davehead
03-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Rob,
I did as you describe, and adjusted the fuel and oil pressure shift adjusts. Then over a period of several weeks, I powered up the 4500 every few days and checked the zero pressure readings. Here is what I got.

Oil Fuel
0 -1
-5 -4
0 4
12 -1
15 -1
12 -1
13 -1
12 3
32 6
23 3

I loosened and retightened the oil pressure sensor to insure its ground connection; this had no affect on the readings. Both sensors are screwed into a common aluminum manifold which is bolted to the firewall (per RV10 kit configuration). Could this oil pressure sensor be defective? My engine has never been run.
--Dave

rhole
09-25-2014, 05:59 AM
Fuel Pressure sensor calibration- installed a new 41-315 and I suspect the calibration table had been altered. How do I reset it to default? I selected a different sensor, then re-selected the -315 but forgot to note the table. So I do not know if the table is correct.

Rob Hickman
09-25-2014, 09:25 AM
When you select a new sensor and press save it will load the default data.