PDA

View Full Version : More weight & balance

stickandrudderman
01-15-2012, 11:10 AM
I have some observations regarding setting up the weight & balance screen in AF4500.

1. The .AFD file says “Do not remove or add any records prior to the stations line”.
It could imply that the text should not be altered but this cannot be so. EG: To change “configuration required” to “configured for G-FATE” or is it automatically updated.
One must also change the data as listed so as to reflect my actual data . (At least, one presumes so but it would be nice to see this confirmed).

2. The design upper and lower limits of CG must obviously be changed but what are the “CG_lower_X” and “CG_upper_X” lines referring to?

3. I presume it’s OK to substitute some of the calc data to reflect metric instead of imperial results? There’s another old post referring to this here.http://www.advanced-flight-systems.com/Forum2/showthread.php?344-Metric-units-for-weight-and-balance

4. In the manual (P54) the description and illustration are not very clear. There is a pilot’s weight added of 170 added in the configuration illustration and this correlates to the a/c diagram in the weight & balance illustration; great. However, the figures “021” on the wings do not correlate to anything on the W&B configuration screen as illustrated and there are four different “000” at various locations. Eventually I realised that the two illustrations use two different aircraft! Surely it would be more explanatory if the same aircraft were used for the illustrations and different figures such 100,150,200 etc were entered at the various locations in order to expedite the understanding?
Further, six of the “X” co-ordinates are the same at “215” which only serves to compound the confusion.

It’s great kit but the learning curve is steep and I do feel that the manual leaves a lot to be desired.