PDA

View Full Version : Altitude Bug

jkgoblue
01-10-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm a little confuse by the box shading of the altitude bug. Usually, the bug is cyan when I'm within 200 of my altitude which I understand. What is the magenta box around it mean? Does it have to do with navigating by GPS? Also, there was one time when the magenta box separated from the cyan box, i.e., when I changed the altitude bug, the magenta box stayed were it was as I increased the settings. After a while, it just popped back on the bug.

The more I fly, the more a see how much I need to learn.

Rob Hickman
01-11-2012, 03:08 PM
The Magenta box around the bug is displaying the current flight plan altitude setting. When you adjusted the altitude bug it seperated from the current flight plan until the flight plan updated.

Have you been using the flight plan page and selecting the runway for the destination airport?

jkgoblue
01-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Actually, I haven't yet toyed with the flight plan page. I have to get more familiar with it as it relates to the gns530 when I enter the flight plan there. Perhaps I did something I wasn't aware of. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Rob Hickman
01-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Select CHECK -> FP and you will see the flight plan from your 530. Scroll down to the airport and you will see a box for the Runway. Press the right knob to select edit mode and you will get to select from a list of active runways. Once you select the runway you should see a lead in arrow on the map and HITS boxes on the SV EFIS display. You can also change the default glide slope from 3 degrees.

velo1
01-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Rob,
Your manuel for the 4500 is pretty good, but for some of us who are moving to the glass cockpit, full autopilot, and the 430/530, we would love some better tutorials. Your video of the ILS approach is very helpful, but I need MORE!!!!!!! :o