PDA

View Full Version : Check Fuel Computer and winds

RKURRLE
12-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi Rob

Two quick questions on my dual 4500's in my RV-7:
1. Periodically the audio states "check fuel computer". What is triggering the message since I have plenty of fuel on board?

2. Winds aloft is calculated with the vectors on the lower right of one display and absent on the other. How do I display it on both?

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Bob Kurrle

Rob Hickman
12-29-2011, 10:24 PM
1. Periodically the audio states "check fuel computer". What is triggering the message since I have plenty of fuel on board?

If the fuel tank levels and Fuel Computer are not within the "Fuel Cross Check Error Limit" setting in the fuel computer you will get the alarm. Make sure you always set the fuel computer when you fill the tanks and you might need to increase the setting.

2. Winds aloft is calculated with the vectors on the lower right of one display and absent on the other. How do I display it on both?

There is a setting in EFIS ->Settings -> More that turns it on and off.

George
06-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Regarding the "Check Fuel Computer" issue I have the same problem on my 3400/4500 setup. I found the setting on both set to 7, changed it to 15 and it still goes off, sometimes throughout the flight at all attitudes and tank levels. How high can I take this setting without negating what it's trying to tell me? Had to turn off the audio because it's getting irratating and interferes with ATC comms.

Shawn McGinnis
06-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Regarding the "Check Fuel Computer"...

Check Fuel Computer comes from the Fuel Flow Integrator not agreeing with Fuel Levels from Floats or Capacitive adapters.

Tank 1 Level + Tank 2 Level + Tank 3 Level + Tank 4 Level
=
Gallons Remaining ± Cross Check Error Limit