PDA

View Full Version : AFS and VP-X Pro

douglassmt
12-05-2011, 09:38 AM
My sensor harness for the AFS-5600 includes wires for pitch trim position, roll trim position, and flap position inputs. As I read the VP-X Pro manual, I am supposed to send those signals to the VP-X. Is this correct and what should I do with the leads on the AFS sensor harness?

Bryan Douglass

rleffler
12-05-2011, 10:30 AM
My sensor harness for the AFS-5600 includes wires for pitch trim position, roll trim position, and flap position inputs. As I read the VP-X Pro manual, I am supposed to send those signals to the VP-X. Is this correct and what should I do with the leads on the AFS sensor harness?

Bryan Douglass

Bryan,

Your assumption is correct and you now have free ports on your AFS. I just finished my harness this weekend. I removed the wires that were unused, but you could simply use some heat shrink and coil them up someplace. You just need to ensure you don't introduce a short someplace.

bob

douglassmt
12-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks Bob. Does that mean I can use the free ports on the AFS for something else? Like what?

douglassmt
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Like maybe the Gretz heated pitot info wires that go to the LEDs? That would save some panel space.

rleffler
12-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Like maybe the Gretz heated pitot info wires that go to the LEDs? That would save some panel space.

Yep, do you have enough free inputs?

I ended up building an annuciator panel. I think everyone agrees, that the Gretz LEDs aren't the most attractive. While I had enough inputs available across all three of my AFS screens, none of them are currently presented across the network bus limiting the alert to that specific screen. I prefer to have all my alerts and annuniciation in one location, not divided across the multiple screens. This is my only minor complaint at the moment.

Rumor has it my 4500s will be shipped this week. Brad and I ended up flying with Geoff for awhile this weekend and got to see his new 5500s. I let Brad sit upfront, since it was he last chance before heading off to ENJPPT next month.

bob