PDA

View Full Version : Dual screen map

stickandrudderman
10-30-2011, 01:06 AM
I cannot get map data up on my 4500EM. When I go to calibration page and try to switch it to enabled it won't happen. I can get SV up OK and get maps and SV OK on the left (EF) screen.
Am I missing something?

Rob Hickman
10-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Check the following menu:

CHECK -> MAINT -> (ABOUT)

On the left side of the screen in the middle it should show what Keys are installed, you should have a line that looks like this:

Keys: MAP AOA SVN

If you don' t have MAP listed you do not have the map key installed and you will need to send an email to Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com with your S/N to get the key.

If you do have the MAP key installed you should have a MAPPPING STATUS: line that shows the information for the map data files on the card.

If you have the MAP key and a valid database on the card you should verify that you have the map pages turned on from the following menu:

EFIS -> SETTINGS -> MORE -> (PAGE LIST)

Verify that you have the following pages ENABLED:

5: EFIS and MAP ENABLED
6: EFIS,MAP, and EMS ENABLED
7: MAP ENABLED

Use the NEXT button and the knob to enable a page, Do not forget to press the SAVE button!

stickandrudderman
11-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks. I checked this and i don't have the MAP key installed so I've sent an email as requested.
I also noticed that I don't appear to have the ability to cross feed any changes to the other screen. When I go to the admin page it say this function "not available"

Rob Hickman
11-05-2011, 05:31 PM
We have not seen your email, email me the serial number rob@advanced-flight-systems.com and I will get you a key.

Not sure what you mean about the cross feed? If you have the new "S" cpu units you have to enter calibration changes on both screens, for example Vfe or Oil PSI red low. If you are talking about the normal cross feeding in the run screens it should work, for example setting the baro on one screen will set it on all all screens.

stickandrudderman
11-06-2011, 03:29 AM
I meant the ability to transfer calibration changes from one screen to the other but you've answered that question, thanks.
will re-send the email later today.

stickandrudderman
11-13-2011, 04:26 AM
Key recieved and installed and map now working OK thanks. However, I did notice that both AOA and SVN were "invalid". I have both of these on the left screen, should they too be enabled on the right screen?
I've also noticed that "aircraft type" isn't saved when I change it to "Falco" despite me selecting "save". Is this because I haven't yet installed the w&b data?
Colin

Rob Hickman
11-14-2011, 05:02 PM
When you select Aircraft Type it reloads the W&B files, it should not save the type. We are working on making it more clear. I will need to send you the other key files also.

stickandrudderman
11-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Rob, should I be expecting these other key files by email?
Colin

Rob Hickman
11-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Just sent them