PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Power flap, trim, current and voltage indication on AFS screen

Mounz
10-13-2011, 12:52 PM
I intend putting VPX into my aircraft. I have not found any reference of how to get the VPX derived flap and trim positions onto the AFS screen. Is the load and bus voltage as measured by the VPX automatically shown on the AFS screen as it would normally be displayed. Can anybody shed some light on how to configure this if it works as Vertical Power advertises?

Rob Hickman
10-21-2011, 03:58 PM
I intend putting VPX into my aircraft. I have not found any reference of how to get the VPX derived flap and trim positions onto the AFS screen. Is the load and bus voltage as measured by the VPX automatically shown on the AFS screen as it would normally be displayed. Can anybody shed some light on how to configure this if it works as Vertical Power advertises?

If you have a serial port in the engine monitor screen configured as VPX it will use the VPX data.

peter@p3md.co.uk
01-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi Rob
I have a VP-X with AF3500EE. The serial port is configured for VPX - e.g. the trim indicators driven from the VP-X display correctly.
However, I cannot get the flap indicator to register any movement. The "FLAP POSITION" field on the Instrument Calibration page doesn't seem to change with any relationship to the flap motor. (I am assuming it is this field that provides the flap indicator the movement with relation to the Up and Down position values). (Actually, when trying to calibrate it, the "Flap Position" field does change a bit, but as if it is just floating...).

Second question: The Amps indicator is not registering anything. I understand it obtains this value from the VPX? I only have the VPX and AFS3500 running (no alternator running, but shouldn't it show a value?).

Best regards
Peter
UK - RV7

Rob Hickman
01-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Do you have a VPX Pro?

Does your AF-3500 have the new "S" CPU

What software version are you running?

peter@p3md.co.uk
01-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Original VP-X:1.3 (HW ver:1)
Yes, it does have the "S" CPU - S/N:61671
SW S8.3.27-MV15 (Apr 5 2011)

Rob Hickman
01-21-2012, 12:37 PM
The current software is 8.6.8 You need to install the latest software from our web site.