PDA

View Full Version : Serial Port Documentation

rleffler
10-05-2011, 09:11 AM
On page 66 of the new manual, it states:

EFIS Serial Data Connections

Each AF-3400/3500/4500 screen has four serial ports that can be used for external equipment (GPS, NAV, Traffic, FADEC Engine, ect..) communication. Not all functions are available on all serial ports so you should review the options before wiring external equipment to a serial port.

But a few paragraphs later it lists:

Ext. AHRS External AHRS input
NMEA @ 4800 External GPS with NMEA @ 4800 baud
TRFC/ICARUS Garmin Traffic In / ICARUS Out SL-30 Garmin SL-30 radio connected
ARINC AF-ARINC module connected to port
AVTN/CHELTON Chelton Engine Data Out
AVTN/ARNAV 430W/530W or GPS with Aviation format
FADEC SBC-100 FADEC Data In
FADEC SBC-250 Do Not Use
OP TECH OP Engine Data Out NMEA/AVTN NMEA 9600 In / AVIATION Out
TRFC/SHADIN ALT Garmin Traffic In/ SHADIN Out GARMIN AT Garmin AT format, Dynon gray code converter MAGELLAN Transponders set to MAGELLAN format NORTHSTAR Transponders set to NORTHSTAR format AFS GPS AFS GPS
TRAFFIC Garmin Traffic format (GTX 330, Zaon, ADS-B)
AVTN/AVTN Aviation In / Aviation Out
VPX Vertical Power VP-X Interface COGUARD CO Guardian Interface ADSB NavWorx ADS-B Interface

Is it correct to assume that this may be something overlooked from an early manual in which the ports options were different? It seems to imply that all options are now available on all ports. Since I won't have my units for a few more weeks, so I can't physically validate. I'm hoping to finish my harness this week.

bob

shuttle
10-05-2011, 02:53 PM
It seems to imply that all options are now available on all ports.
bob

Hi Bob,
I believe this is true. See post #4 in this thread:

http://www.advanced-flight-systems.com/Forum2/showthread.php?228-GPS-connected-to-Serial-Port-on-AF-3500sMFD

where Trevor wrote "All functions are available on each of the 4 serial ports now. The new manual V7.1 reflects this change."

Regards,
Steve

rleffler
10-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi Bob,
I believe this is true. See post #4 in this thread:

http://www.advanced-flight-systems.com/Forum2/showthread.php?228-GPS-connected-to-Serial-Port-on-AF-3500sMFD

where Trevor wrote "All functions are available on each of the 4 serial ports now. The new manual V7.1 reflects this change."

Regards,
Steve

That was my assumption. I was just bringing a conflict in the documentation to Trevor's attention. The first paragraph appears to be a carry over from an older version and is no longer accurate.

bob