PDA

View Full Version : Approach Plate cost reduction?

gregmarlow
08-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey guys, great work.

I've tried the approach plates on my 4500 and they are great, especially the airport diagram page on a big un familiar airport. However, $25 per region per month is just too much $. I fly mostly in two regions, so that's $50 per month x 12 = $600. Just for the approach plates. I now use an iFly 700 for my back up GPS and my source for approach plates, sectionals and Low IFR charts, and I can get the whole country, charts, plates and sectionals for $89 per YEAR. And yes, beta testing is underway for geo referenced approach plates. Should be released next month.

How about getting your price down to make this wonderful feature usable again? Thanks again for the wonderful products and hard work.

Greg

rleffler
08-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Any cost benefot to those of us that already have lifetime subscriptions to Seattle Avionics plates?

Trevor Conroy
08-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Unfortunately we are not in control of the cost of approach plates. Seattle Avionics is the sole vendor of the geo-ref plates and our agreement states that we must charge a certain price. Panel mount units will ALWAYS be more expensive to display charts on than a portable unit.

Any cost benefot to those of us that already have lifetime subscriptions to Seattle Avionics plates?
You'd have to contact Seattle Avionics regarding this.