PDA

View Full Version : Fuel level calibration with resistance floats

stickandrudderman
08-21-2011, 10:05 AM
I've been through the process once and initially thought it successful.
However, I've just drained both my tanks for W&B and both the guages are NOT reading empty, to different degrees.
So, I want to start again but do I need to somehow zero the gauges first, and if so, how?

I understand from the instructions that the reading in the calibration page should change as fuel is introduced, but is it possible for those readings to either decrease or increase, depending on how the floats are wired. In other words can the numbers go down as fuel goes up and vice versa?

Thanks in advance
Colin

Trevor Conroy
08-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Hello Colin,

You are correct, the AD_VALUE shown on the TANK 1 - 4 Calibration page will change either up or down. Depending on the orientation and type of float, the value will either increase constantly until the tank is full, or decrease constantly until the tank is full. It's not the direction of movement that is important, but rather the fact that it is constantly changing when fuel is added. To reset the zero point, highlight the 0 gallons row of your calibration table and press the right knob in to highlight the AD-VALUE that corresponds with 0 gallons. Pressing the COPY button will copy the current AD_VALUE to the calibration table where your cursor is.

amekler
08-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Trevor,
My fuel calibration doesn't show full to the top when I fill tanks. Do I have to go through the whole process or can I just calibrate the full point?
Alan

stickandrudderman
08-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks, all clear now.