PDA

View Full Version : un-planned descent

garymail
08-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Trevor; It seems when I enter a waypoint in the flight pan page, the unit arbitrarily enters an altitude in the PPOS Box(almost always different that the altituce I have selected on the EFIS. Then, when VFLP is selected, the aircraft will descend uncommanded to the PPOS altitude. This can be dangerous! also, I assume when one presses "activate" that the verticle profile is armed to descend on the entered profile (way too steep as we have discussed before).

I feel that the PPOS should reflect the altitude selected in the altitude window of the EFIS.

also, I just noticed that when I have the bearing pointed and the course set to the same waypoint, the distance on the course pointer says the distance in SM, but the distance on the bearing pointer says SM but actually reads in NM.

kevino
08-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Anyway we can get some written instructions for flight plans and synthetic approaches Trevor?

Trevor Conroy
08-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Gary, can we get a screenshot of your Flight Planning screen the next time you are flying and set it up? It would be of much help.

Kevin, I'm working on the manual update this week. All I have left is to add Flight Planning and HITS instructions.