PDA

View Full Version : Remote Acknowledge and Input Questions

rleffler
07-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Is there a method to remotely acknowledge an alarm? i.e button on the stick? In reading the manual it didn't appear this was a capability. It appears that the inputs can be used to trigger an alarm, but not acknowledge one.

I read in an earlier post that inputs aren't shared across multiple units. If there is an audible alarm, is that shared between units since there is only one unit connected to the audio panel? Or are the alarms generated on the units not attached to the audio panel silent?

AltonD
07-04-2011, 03:16 PM
you can assign one of the 4 aux inputs to act as one of the panel buttons. I have button one assigned to a button on the stick to change pages and acknowledge alarms/alerts.

Calibration menu, #34

Looking through the manual, it is not described. Bu, it is there.

rleffler
07-06-2011, 02:56 AM
you can assign one of the 4 aux inputs to act as one of the panel buttons. I have button one assigned to a button on the stick to change pages and acknowledge alarms/alerts.

Calibration menu, #34

Looking through the manual, it is not described. Bu, it is there.

I'll trust you......

It would be nice if all the configuration options for Item 34 are listed. The three examples apparently don't cover all the optional choices.

Minor doc issue:

The paragraph also references Appendix K. Interesting in that there is an Appendix K on page 88 (right after Appendix B) that does show the pin assignments. Then there is another Appendix K (after Appendix J) on page 102 for AF-Pilot procedures.

Trevor,

If I remember correctly, inputs are not shared amoung the different units. Am I recalling correctly?

Alton mentions you can assign one of the inputs to act as a panel button. Is it limited to just one?

thanks,

bob

Trevor Conroy
07-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Bob, I'll take a look at the Appendix reference to ensure they are correct. Thank you for pointing that out. You are correct regarding inputs being only local to the screen. You can assign an input to control Button 1, but again it is only for the screen it is wired to.