PDA

View Full Version : FP reading

dougweil
05-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Hi Trevor:

I am just in the process of hooking up my 4500/3500 engine sensor harness to the engine. Today I hooked up the oil temp/press and fuel pressure. The OT indicates logically as does the oil pressure (ambient temp and zero). But the fuel pressure changes from a "--" reading to an occasional "-2" reading. I thought I had a bad wire connection at the transducer and replaced the terminal ring. It still does this and doesn't seem to be a wiring problem. Is this normal (engine has never been run... no wings installed yet). Also the red bar is at the bottom of the indication when it shows "--" and "-2". Also the reading spools up and down when I disconnect the wire.

Doug Weiler
RV-7

Trevor Conroy
05-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi Doug, that is normal operation.

dougweil
05-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Many thanks as always!

Doug

msteitle
01-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Trevor,

I recently installed an AFS-5800 with engine board. I'm having an issue with the fuel pressure readings. Sometimes the fuel pressure reading shows "--". This appears to happen whenever the pressure goes above 43 psi or so. I thought the AFS FP sensor is a 50psi unit and is installed on an EFI system. Is there a configuration setting causing it not go higher than 43 psi? My FP regulator is set to 42 psi, and is vacuum sensing, so it will fluctuate a few psi either way. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark S.

Rob Hickman
01-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Send us a picture of the FP calibration settings you are using to:

Info@advanced-flight-systems.com

Rob Hickman
01-20-2014, 05:46 PM
If it goes above 48 psi it will do that.

msteitle
01-27-2014, 11:27 AM
I adjusted the FP down to 39 psi static and now it agrees with my RWS EM-2. I will need to re-set the min & max and warning limits for the gauge. But it seems to be OK.

Now I need to find out why the coolant temp went to 16 while in flight (RWS EM-2 was reading 150*F). Likely a bad ground.

Mark