PDA

View Full Version : TruTrak Gemini

RV7GUY
05-09-2011, 03:56 PM
A couple of us were talking the other day about the new TruTrak Gemini series of auto pilots and back up instruments.

Will there be an Advanced Flight Systems version of the Gemini? Not that it really matters, but it would be cool to see the "AFS" there.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ

rleffler
05-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Will there be an Advanced Flight Systems version of the Gemini? Not that it really matters, but it would be cool to see the "AFS" there.

I asked this question to Lucas at Trutrak a month or so ago on Trutrak's forum. Lucas mentioned that there were plans, but he couldn't comment on availability. He mentioned that he thought it wouldn't be available at initial release of the product line.

I need to pull the trigger on my backup solution around Oshkosh time frame and was hoping that Gemini could be an option. I'm not optimistic that will happen, but I am willing to be surprized. I've also heard that Trutrack is having sourcing issues on the screens which is causing the delay, but that is just an unconfirmed rumor. Unfortunately, the tsumanmi has impacted me personally in more ways than one.

bob

TrutrakTech
05-16-2011, 07:34 AM
I asked this question to Lucas at Trutrak a month or so ago on Trutrak's forum. Lucas mentioned that there were plans, but he couldn't comment on availability. He mentioned that he thought it wouldn't be available at initial release of the product line.

I need to pull the trigger on my backup solution around Oshkosh time frame and was hoping that Gemini could be an option. I'm not optimistic that will happen, but I am willing to be surprized. I've also heard that Trutrack is having sourcing issues on the screens which is causing the delay, but that is just an unconfirmed rumor. Unfortunately, the tsumanmi has impacted me personally in more ways than one.

bob

You're pretty much correct, Bob. The displays were very troublesome to acquire. We're working very hard to meet our time target. :)

tom t
05-20-2011, 12:00 PM
I too am looking forward to the release of the Gemini. I'm currently using an ADI II but just started IFR training and the Gemini offers additional backup features and more control (VSpeed) for my setup. I too am willing to be surprised at Osh, I'd love to come home with and order placed....

Tom Turnbull
RV-7A - N315TB