PDA

View Full Version : NavWorx ADS-B w/ARINC

rshannon
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
NavWorx sells their ADS-B transceiver with or without an optional ARINC interface. Are there any plans to utilize ARINC as an alternate method of connecting to AFS EFIS's, i.e., in addition to a serial connection?

Trevor Conroy
04-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Not at this time

CharlieWaffles
08-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Since the ADS-B unit can use ARINC to use an external GPS for its position, does that mean a Garmin GPS could be used to feed this to the ADSB even when its also connected via serial to the AFIS?

rleffler
08-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Since the ADS-B unit can use ARINC to use an external GPS for its position, does that mean a Garmin GPS could be used to feed this to the ADSB even when its also connected via serial to the AFIS?

The Navworx ADS600-B comes with an internal GPS built into it already.

Trevor Conroy
08-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Bob is correct, the ADS-B box has it's own WAAS GPS built-in, with a separate external antenna.

kbehrent
08-31-2011, 02:21 PM

I talked to Bill at NavWorx some time ago about using my 530W as the GPS source instead of using the internal GPS and mounting yet another GPS puck. He claimed that although the 530W is certainly WAAS capable, Garmin does not output the location at that level, unless communicating with another Garmin product (proprietary). I already had bought ands installed the AFS GPS, so now I'll have 2 pucks on the exterior and the AFS GPS puck on the glare shield.

CharlieWaffles
09-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks, I was just looking for an option rather than mounting ANOTHER gps antenna.