PDA

View Full Version : Beeps!

dhall_polo
04-08-2011, 05:24 PM
There are not many things to knock about my AF3500. I love the darn thing and have over 200 hours on it now. One big mystery to me is the fact that it likes to beep periodically without anything to tell you why it beeped. Two quick beeps in succession - you know the beeps. Please, super secret warning beeps are useless. I have deduced at least one set of these mystery beeps to be a warning that I'm reaching my target altitude in the FD.

- Is this the only mystery beep or are there others?
- Is this on the radar to be fixed? Please either replace the beep with the robot lady voice or at least flash the alt bug (or something appropriate for the given mystery beep).

Thanks!

Trevor Conroy
04-11-2011, 11:37 AM
If you deviate 200 feet from your indicated altitude (with the bug set there as well), it will give you a beep to remind you that ATC is watching you and to correct before they give you a phone number :)

Do you have an S-CPU system or the non-S cpu? You may need current audio files so that it says "ALTITUDE" rather than generic beeps.

dhall_polo
04-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Non-S CPU.

I can say for sure that it has never uttered the word "ALTITUDE". Sounds like I may need some new audio files.

So...
- It will beep when you are first approaching a new alt, basically a "you're getting close" beep.
- It will beep when you wander off the alt bug by more than 200'.

It seems like there are more beeps, maybe during initialization? How 'bout other FD bugs like HDG?

Trevor Conroy
04-13-2011, 04:56 PM
- It will beep when you are first approaching a new alt, basically a "you're getting close" beep.
- It will beep when you wander off the alt bug by more than 200'.
That is correct.

There is a double-beep on power-up at the I AGREE screen. There are not any associated with the FD or HDG/SPD/MIN bugs.

dhall_polo
04-14-2011, 06:34 AM
That is correct.

There is a double-beep on power-up at the I AGREE screen. There are not any associated with the FD or HDG/SPD/MIN bugs.

OK, so how do I get and load the ALTITUDE sound file?

Trevor Conroy
04-14-2011, 09:52 AM
You can download this zip file, extract the individual files to your MAP card, and then using the Transfer Files option in Instrument Calibration to RESTORE all the sounds files.
http://www.advanced-flight-systems.com/Support/AF-3000support/AF3000Sounds.zip

dhall_polo
04-17-2011, 05:02 PM
loaded up the new audio, now the robot lady speaks to me. one less squawk. thanks!

Trevor Conroy
04-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Good to hear!