PDA

View Full Version : New installation

stickandrudderman
01-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi all,
I'm the proud new owner of a Falco F8 and we're currently installing a new panel with dual 4500s.
I'm sure I'll have lots of questions but my first is: does the 4500 have the ability to display "gear up" and "gear down" indications? I can't decide whether I want the traditional red/green lamp set up or not or indeed whether I have a choice?
If the answer is yes then how would one connect the signal?
Stick

Trevor Conroy
01-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Hello and congratulations on the purchase of an F8. We do have switch inputs that could be used for Gear Down. It would indicate a green box that says GEAR when the gear is down. When the gear is up, there is no indication unless you slow down to flap operating range (white arc) and the gear is still up. In that case you will get a red box that says GEAR and an audible waning.

The EFIS should serve as a good gear position/warning device.
The interface is a simple switch that would trigger a ground when the gear is either up or down (configurable on the EFIS as Normally Open or Normally Closed switch).

stickandrudderman
02-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Thanks Trevor, am I right in thinking that there are three of these configurable switch inputs?

Trevor Conroy
02-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Yes, there are 3 switch inputs per screen. They do not cross-talk over the network though as that would allow for up to 12 inputs with the allowable 4 displays connected together which we just don't have room for.

rleffler
02-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes, there are 3 switch inputs per screen. They do not cross-talk over the network though as that would allow for up to 12 inputs with the allowable 4 displays connected together which we just don't have room for.

But having some number of inputs that were network shareable would be nice, like having 6 annunciators that could be assigned by screen and port number. I don't know what the magic number would be agree that twelve would probably be too many.