PDA

View Full Version : Data capture capacity

recapen
01-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Does anyone out there have an idea of the data capture capacity for the new 'S' cpu's?

Prior to upgrade, I was able to get about three hours worth before it starts over-writing. I know it is dependant on which fields are selected to be captured.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from folks that actively use the data capture facility to track engine performance (among other things), what fields they are capturing and the largest amount of data captured (and downloaded by selecting "All").

Thanks,

recapen (at) earthlink (dot) net

Trevor Conroy
01-11-2011, 05:30 PM
You can download a maximum of the last 12 hours of flight time.

recapen
03-01-2011, 06:18 AM
I was able to store and download 36000 records - exactly ten hours. I had eleven hours of data flown - but it only keeps 10. The knob only goes up to ten hours. Ten hours is sufficient to allow me to fly full tanks and not miss any data...quite sufficient. Not complaining - just stating what I found for the records.

Trevor Conroy
03-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Whoops, I apologize for saying 12 hours. My mistake.

recapen
03-02-2011, 06:00 AM
No biggie - my intent was to determine and document that the capacity is larger than any user can fly without stopping for other reasons and still capture all of the engine parameters for the entire flight. My earlier (non-'s') system did not have more storage capacity than my fuel tanks would allow and I needed to limit my flights to less than four hours. Kudos for this upgrade!

Hattlegr
03-08-2011, 11:29 PM
I am having trouble with my data logging only downloading 4 cylinders data and I have a 6 cylinder IO 540.

Trevor Conroy
03-09-2011, 09:19 AM
If you go into (Instrument Calibration -> Admin Settings -> Transfer Files To/From SD Card) you will see a file called LOGCFGSD.AFD. Copy that to your SD card, and then you can modify it on your computer. Anything with a 0 won't get logged, anything with a 1 will. Save the file and then transfer it back to the EFIS. That should do it.