amekler
01-08-2011, 01:45 PM
1. Larger roll angle display with easy to read 30 and 45 degree marks
2. trends tapes on airspeed, altitude, roll
3. IFR enroute map option

Alan

garymail
01-08-2011, 06:12 PM
also... a "green banana" on the map page showing where the selected altitude will be reached, and an auto pilot disconnect or mode change annunciator!

rshannon
01-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Jenny should be more informative, progressively conveying just how badly the PIC is screwing up, like:

1) Check CHT's.
2) Hey banana brain, CHT's are still too high!
3) With CHT's like that, this engine's gonna blow up any second now.
4) Never mind CHT's, emergency landing checklist is on screen.

Trevor Conroy
01-19-2011, 08:43 AM
I've forwarded your request to Jenny!

kbehrent
01-21-2011, 11:02 PM
How about the ability to monitor a backup battery without having to be powered by it.

recapen
01-26-2011, 06:21 AM
I have a couple of items to add to the wish list:

1. Data capture recorded in local time - I think all of mine are recorded in Zulu time.
2. Allow the 'old way' for the fuel computer calculations - at our option. Previously, the fuel used only came from the flow-meter - now it also counts as fuel-used the amount in a non-filled tank. Confusing for those that became accustomed to seeing it the other way. Now if I fill my mains (39gal) and not my tips (18gal) - the fuel computer shows 18gal used and I haven't started the engine.

jrouault
02-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Auto-pilot trim up/down indicator displayed on the EFIS screen. I noticed the G3X provides this feature.

anymouse
02-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Here's one that's hopefully fairly easy...

For those of us with FADEC equipped engines, can we get the % Horsepower as reported by the FADEC instead of plugging in manual values? The power chart for my engine sucks and is pretty much unusable for plugging values into the EFIS.

Trevor Conroy
02-22-2011, 09:13 AM
We do take %hp from the FADEC stream. What type FADEC are you using?

anymouse
02-24-2011, 08:59 AM
We do take %hp from the FADEC stream. What type FADEC are you using?

Told you it would be easy! :rolleyes:

I'm using Aerosance's FADEC. Is it fairly easy to make the change? I took a quick look a while back, but didn't see anything obvious. Pointme in the right direction and I'm sure I can get it done.

anymouse
03-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Point me in the right direction and I'm sure I can get it done.

Bumpity Bump!

Trevor Conroy
03-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Can you please e-mail me a picture of your full screen engine page, the HP page in Instrument Calibration, your Admin Settings page in Instrument Calibration, and your FADEC info page which is on the main EFIS (press ENGINE -> FADEC). That will allow us to figure out where the problem is.

Roegge
03-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Hi Trevor.
One question regarding SV (and if it is not a featured yet - put it on the wish list):

Do the shadows of mountains in the SV reflect the position of the sun? Meaning: in the morning when you fly north, is the left side of a mountain "dark" and the right side in sunlight?

Regards
Andreas

Trevor Conroy
03-07-2011, 09:50 AM
It is setup so the sun is always coming from over your left shoulder.

Roegge
03-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Would it be too complicated taking the GPS-position and the local time into the algorithm to just roughly calculate the position of the sun in relation to the aircrafts course to show the correct "shadowing"?

schmoboy
03-08-2011, 08:09 AM
I would not want correct shadowing on my EFIS if it was late afternoon and the sun was in front of me. That would make all the contours harder to see. I want to see all the contours as if the sun was behind me.

Trevor Conroy
03-08-2011, 09:25 AM
So should we turn the Synthetic Vision off at night since its dark? :)

Trevor Conroy
03-08-2011, 09:26 AM
schmoboy: That was our though process when trying to figure out where the sun should be. We tried several different methods and found that it creates too many dark shadows if it is anywhere other than behind you and slightly to one side.

anymouse
03-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Can you please e-mail me a picture of your full screen engine page, the HP page in Instrument Calibration, your Admin Settings page in Instrument Calibration, and your FADEC info page which is on the main EFIS (press ENGINE -> FADEC). That will allow us to figure out where the problem is.

I'll see if I can do that this weekend. If not, it'll be June before I get back to the States again.

Of course, if I see the error of my ways, I'll let you know. ;)

Roegge
03-09-2011, 04:04 AM
I see that you have put some thought into that - point taken. Thanks for your answer Trevor.

anymouse
03-12-2011, 09:02 PM

I'll see if I can do that this weekend. If not, it'll be June before I get back to the States again.

Of course, if I see the error of my ways, I'll let you know. ;)

Pictures are on their way. The email is over 24 MB. If there's an issue with the size, let me know and I'll break them down.

Trevor Conroy
03-14-2011, 08:31 AM
No e-mail yet. 24MB is too large for our server. You might get a photo resizing tool as the pictures don't need to be that high of resolution. Google Fotosizer, its one I've used in the past.

amekler
03-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Highway in the sky like on the Garmin 3X

Trevor Conroy
03-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Alan, that is the next big project we have planned. We've almost finished the next big software release with improved Synthetic Vision, higher res terrain, better Flight Director functionality, and several other smaller features.

amekler
03-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Trevor,
Sounds great. I'm glad I upgraded to the 4500.
Alan

velo1
03-23-2011, 07:06 AM
I've been flying a version of the new software for a couple of weeks now and it is a great upgrade. Here in Utah, the Synthetic Vision is right on. Towers, mountains, it has it all in great detail. The higher res terrain is much more accurate and very detailed.
Thanks for the continual improvments. Rick

Roegge
03-24-2011, 05:31 AM
Hi Trevor.

I just read this and wonder if you can set a date when you think it will be finished?

We've almost finished the next big software release with improved Synthetic Vision, higher res terrain, better Flight Director functionality, and several other smaller features.

What is the latest sw-version that is used? And what will the new one be?

Regards
Andreas

amekler
04-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Another wish list item- numerical display of pitch in degrees and roll in degrees

Alam

Bushcaddy
06-23-2011, 05:59 PM
I would like to see the elevator trim position displayed on the full Map page...plenty of room for it.

orchidman
06-24-2011, 04:43 AM
I would like to see the elevator trim position displayed on the full Map page...plenty of room for it.
I would also like to have this as an option.