PDA

View Full Version : EFIS Serial Ground Connections

flickroll
03-14-2010, 03:29 PM
For the ARINC module, Drawing 53620WD (ARINC Adapter dwg) states 'Serial #1 GND Pin - NOT REQUIRED' (G430W connection). EFIS dwg 53600 shows this ground connected.....which is correct? How about for Serial 2 and Serial 3....are grounds required for those?

And for the Magnetometer? Is a ground required for this?

Thanks

Rob Hickman
03-15-2010, 09:42 AM
For the ARINC module, Drawing 53620WD (ARINC Adapter dwg) states 'Serial #1 GND Pin - NOT REQUIRED' (G430W connection). EFIS dwg 53600 shows this ground connected.....which is correct?

The 430w does not have a dedicated ground pin for each serial port, so you don't connect it. If the device your connecting needs a dedicated ground connection than you use it.

How about for Serial 2 and Serial 3....are grounds required for those?
If the device your connecting needs a dedicated ground connection than you use it.

And for the Magnetometer? Is a ground required for this?
Yes, the magnetometer shows a pin for it so connect it.

flickroll
03-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks. Are all of the serial grounds common in the AFS unit? In other words, can I use the serial ground 1 (not used due to G430 installation) for serial device 3 ground, and therby avoid two wires connecting to serial 2/3 ground?

Rob Hickman
03-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks. Are all of the serial grounds common in the AFS unit? In other words, can I use the serial ground 1 (not used due to G430 installation) for serial device 3 ground, and therby avoid two wires connecting to serial 2/3 ground?

They are the same in the EFIS, this question does not make sense. We provide pre wired shielded three conductor cables for each of the serial ports, why would you run the three conductor cable to the device and then also run another ground wire from another serial port?

flickroll
03-15-2010, 02:18 PM
I am fabricating my harnesses.