PDA

View Full Version : 2 Wire Oil Temp Sensor

Travis
11-04-2010, 01:50 PM
If you are having trouble with oil temperature changing while the alternator is running you may want to buy a 2 wire oil temp sender. We give you 3 choices for your convenience. Your favorite avionics vendor should have one in stock. Please see the attached document for more information.

tmcreynolds
07-28-2013, 12:43 AM
Where do you hook up the two wires?

Rob Hickman
07-28-2013, 06:06 AM
One wire goes to the normal input and the other goes to an EFIS engine connector ground wire.

PDonlan
03-09-2020, 02:22 PM
I am reusing the two wire Oil Temp sender from the prior, Vision Microsystems Installation. This will prevent me from having to pull the engine to replace (trapped by accessory housing and engine mount). Is this particular sender represented by one of the senders in the list of two wire types?

Shawn McGinnis
03-11-2020, 12:18 PM
I am reusing the two wire Oil Temp sender from the prior, Vision Microsystems Installation. Is this particular sender represented by one of the senders in the list of two wire types?

The type of this oil temp sensor is unknown. You could characterize the sensor but that's not necessarily trivial. There are 4 different types of sensors it could be: resistive, voltage, thermocouple, or current. You could try a resistance measurement vs ambient, then hit it with hot air and see how it changes.
https://wiki.dynonavionics.com/Replacing_a_Vision_Microsystems_EMS_with_SkyView_E MS