PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure sender inaccurate

Bushcaddy
10-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I recently started my engine (O-235 L2C and the oil pressure reading went to 59 psi, w/no fluctuations.
the range for my engine is 60 to 90 psi. I temporarily installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge that immediately registerd 75 psi on startup and fluctuated up to 82 psi as rpm was increased. The elctronic sender is part number 41105. Has there been an issue w/these senders? You have another sender listed as well (silver) any difference between the two? thanks. Don....

Trevor Conroy
10-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Don, what type of EFIS do you have? If you send me the serial number I can lookup the engine configuration to make sure it it setup for the correct sender.

Bushcaddy
10-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Hi Trevor,

Serial number 60411. Thanks for the help.

Don...

Trevor Conroy
10-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Don, do you have a good ground wire attached to the ground screw on the back of the EFIS? What happens to oil pressure if you turn the alternator field switch OFF with the engine running?

Bushcaddy
10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Trevor, had the opportunity to chek these items today:
1. There is a ground wire from the back of the efis and I confirmed continuity to the ground block.
2. Also confirmed the case of the oil pressure sender is grounded, the threaded terminal where the wire attaches is not.
3. Started up and turned alt field switch off...no change, oil pressure went to 59 psi on startup and does not change.

Trevor Conroy
10-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Sounds like sending you another oil PSI sender would be a good idea. We should send you the VDO sender, they are higher quality. Give me a call and we can send one to you. I'll need to e-mail you the calibration numbers as they are different than the Stewart Warner sender you have now.