PDA

View Full Version : AP/FD Lateral Arm mod

aerorv6a
09-10-2023, 07:47 AM
I have a GTN 750 Navigator Tru-Trak AP WITH ARINC installed with a AF3400 EFIS. I have flown this combination successfully without issue. That is, approaches and just general navigation.
One thing I noticed recently, and I have not done this in the past, was to have a navigation course set and try to intercept an active leg by going into Lat/Arm mode and steer a course to intercept the active leg, but it blew right through the leg.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there a sequence of steps I missed.

rleffler
09-10-2023, 09:29 AM
I have a GTN 750 Navigator Tru-Trak AP WITH ARINC installed with a AF3400 EFIS. I have flown this combination successfully without issue. That is, approaches and just general navigation.
One thing I noticed recently, and I have not done this in the past, was to have a navigation course set and try to intercept an active leg by going into Lat/Arm mode and steer a course to intercept the active leg, but it blew right through the leg.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there a sequence of steps I missed.

Are you using an internal flight plan or the one on the GTN? I’m in the habit of using my GTN for all flight plans unless I’m going to a private airport that isn’t in garmin’s database. In your scenario, I just hit the direct button on the GTN and select the first waypoint in the flight plan.