PDA

View Full Version : Remote Page Cycling

flickroll
03-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Seems I remember reading that it is possible to use a remote switch (as on an Infinity grip) to cycle through the screen pages. I don't see that nifty feature on the wiring diagram. Is there a way to do this? If so, would I need 2 switches to cycle pages on 2 AFS units (I suspect so)? thanks

dnelson
03-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi flickroll,

You can cycle through pages using one of the inputs (pins 8, 17, 20 on the main harness) configured for button #1 or #5. The config is under the "CHECK -> MAINT -> ADMIN -> CALIBRATION (hold for 2 seconds) -> 2nd Page -> Inputs.

Sorry, can't help with the 2 screen setup.

gribbled
03-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Dnelson - for the uninitiated, what is the difference between button 1 and button 5? I know that button 1 mutes any active audio alarms and pages the display, but what does button 5 do and how is it different than button 1?

flickroll
03-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi flickroll,

You can cycle through pages using one of the inputs (pins 8, 17, 20 on the main harness) configured for button #1 or #5. The config is under the "CHECK -> MAINT -> ADMIN -> CALIBRATION (hold for 2 seconds) -> 2nd Page -> Inputs.

Sorry, can't help with the 2 screen setup.

Thanks...so I use a switch to ground pin 8,17, or 20, correct? I'm not sure I understand the reference to button 1 or 5 though. Sorry, but I don't have my units yet ...perhaps having one in front of me would help clear it up.

Update: After reading Gribbled's post, I think I understand. The setup referenced by dnelson allows the remote switch to mimic a button press on the EFIS (either button 1 or 5), correct?

dnelson
03-09-2010, 07:43 PM
You got it.

AltonD
03-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I have this setup. I really like it. Button one is also used to acknowledge alerts. If the remote button is set up to mimic button one, you can not only change pages, but shush alarms as well.

Nicknaf
03-16-2010, 10:13 PM
In our -10 we've got dual 4500's and Infinity grips. On the stick the button directly across from the Flap toggle was changed to a Sideways toggle. Push left and it's button 1, right is button 5. I also added a switch on our center console to select which EFIS the stick controls.

In 50 odd hours of flying I've never once switched it to EFIS 2. Hook up the remote switching to #1 and you'll be set.

Hopefully in the near future Rob and the team will get the inputs talking on ethernet and I can use the other inputs for something useful. :-)

Nick Nafsinger
Houston
RV-10, Dual 4500's. Flying.