PDA

View Full Version : AFS 3400 EM - engine monitor only users

recapen
09-25-2010, 11:53 AM
How many AFS3400EM (only) users are out there?

How are you calculating your %HP? The Engine Monitor function for %HP is only good at Sea Level and the current software won't take advantage of your GPS-input altitude to perform the calculation.

They tell me to 'use the charts' meanwhile.

It was actually one of the features that helped me decide to buy this unit after I gave up on my "JPI-enhanced" VM1000.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the unit that I have and it does everything else that I ask of it. I just want to find out how everyone else out there is doing this - or if they even knew it is an issue with the EM-only units.

Thanks

Gunny
10-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Percent of power was important to me as well when we bought the 3500. The information become less important as I got to know my engine and flying machine. The gauge works with a look-up table and Percent of Power will depend on the engine you use. I'm running an IO360-B1B from AeroSport Power and requested an enlarged power chart from them for that engine. (Couldn't read the chart in the book.) I translated that into a Xcel worksheet and loaded it into my 3500 EFS via the memory chip. Seems to work just fine. A couple, three years ago i gave a copy of that file to Rob while at Oshkosh but don't know what he did with it.

Trevor Conroy
10-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Hi Gunny, do you have that document in electronic form still? If you are willing to share, can you e-mail it to me?

recapen
10-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Gunny,
I would like to have a copy also if you still have it.....additionally, some gouge on how you loaded it in to your 3500.
recapen(at)earthlink(dot)net.
SemperFi!