PDA

View Full Version : Amperage readings high

petehicks
09-21-2010, 12:48 AM
I have the shunt wired as per installation drawings (load meter) and seem to be getting excessive amp readings. With 2 x 3500 screens, gns430, sl40 intercom and 327 transponder, the base reading is 10amps, which sounds reasonable, however when lights are turned on, the amps rise much higher than they should. As an example, when the landing lights are turned on, the amps rise to 46. (the maximum landing light current for the lights is 20A, the wiring is sound, and the 20A fuse does not blow) If I put the strobe and position lights on as well, the Amps read well over 60, but once again the 60A alternator fuse is OK. The load analysis says with everything on I should be less than 60A. I suspect that either the shunt or the EFIS is not calibrated correctly. I am trying to get a hold of an ammeter to check the actual currents to compare to the EFIS, but am hoping someone on the forum might be able to help. Thanks.

Trevor Conroy
09-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Hello, can you please send us a picture of your Amps calibration page? I'd like to see your calibration numbers.