PDA

View Full Version : Can't select EFIS

Dave Saylor
09-20-2010, 09:54 PM
We've been having an intermittent problem with selecting the EFIS function. Push the button and every now and then it just stays in AP mode.

It finally solidified today into no effect what-so-ever when you push EFIS. It just stays in AP, which works normally.

It doesn't matter if I select EFIS or GPS for the input. Still no effect.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm not sure if I should try troubleshooting wiring or if there's another test I can do.

Dave

Trevor Conroy
09-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Dave, I'm not sure I understand your problem. Can you please explain in a little more detail and I can try to help?

chuckwn2
09-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Hi Dave,

Perhaps it is not seeing a steady ARINC data stream?

Cheers,

Chuck

rwayne
03-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Dave:
How did you resolve your AP not entering EFIS problem?
Thanks.

Wayne

n91rv
11-20-2011, 04:10 PM
I am experiencing the same issue. When I select EFIS on the afs pilot control head nothing happens. When I select ap I can use the stand alone ap functions. How can this be corrected. Couldit be an ARINC issue?

TrutrakTech
11-21-2011, 08:50 AM
This sounds like an ARINC issue. The AFS Pilot will go into EFIS mode only when it sees both a lateral and vertical steering signal simulataneously. This can be caused by something as simple as the ARINC output speed setting on the EFIS. It must be set to LOW for the AP. I hope this helps!

n91rv
11-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Talked with Rob this AM - need to verify that the Lateral and vertical ap modes are on. This may be my issue.