PDA

View Full Version : AF 3500 hangs unable to reboot

Wrgway
09-03-2010, 07:53 AM
I was attempting to check Admin settings on my unit last night and for some reason I decided to hold button 5 on startup to get into the config mode instaed of just going thru the menu once system was up. The unit hung at the opening screen and would not respond to any input I could think up. I couldn't turn it off as the internal battery was supplying power and the keys would not override the battery and froce a shutdown. I'm heading back out to airport this PM hoping that as battery went down the unit will shut off and reboot correctly when I add power again. Anyone else familiar with this??

Don
N346SS
RV-7

Trevor Conroy
09-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi Don, have you upgraded to the latest software which is announced on our homepage?

Wrgway
09-03-2010, 11:41 AM
I have not but will this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up, I had been watching for the new software since Oshkosh but got busy and lost track.

Regards,

Don Riggs

Wrgway
09-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Decided to hold off on updating the 3500's as I'm gone for a few weeks and my daughter will be flying while I'm gone. Just my life experience here. In the event there is a glitch with the install I don't have a lot of time to solve issue. Also when I arrived at the airport morning after my post I found the internal battery in 3500 had totally discharged, so applied power and all came up and functioned normally. Not sure why this happened but probably not worth a lot of time solving.
Thanks for your input

Don